Conditions of Withdrawing
- A student cannot withdraw from compulsory courses in the first two semesters of the associate/undergraduate program. (For example, a second year student cannot withdraw from a compulsory course in first year Fall or Spring semester)
- Freshman of undergraduate programn (including the ones admitted through vertical and horizontal transfer) can only withdraw from free General Education courses that appear as elective courses in their plans.
- Students are not allowed to withdraw from courses they have to repeat (courses with former grades of FF, FD, NA, and U).
- Students cannot withdraw from courses they retake to improve their grades.
- Students are not allowed to withdraw from courses in which they received the grade (W) before.
- Students are allowed to withdraw from only one course at most during a semester including Double Major and Minor Program, and Certificate courses.
- Associate students are allowed to withdraw from 2 courses the most, undergraduate students are allowed to withdraw from 6 courses the most during their entire study.
- Student can withdraw on the dates specified in the academic calendar.
- Exchange program students studying at Izmir University of Economics may withdraw from courses upon the recommendation of Office of International Affairs and the approval of the instructor concerned.