Student Affairs Directorate
VERTICAL TRANSFER ADJUSTMENT PRINCIPLES
Purpose, Scope, Basis, and Definitions
Article 1- (1) The purpose of this regulation is to set out the basis and procedures regarding student admission to Izmir University of Economics through vertical transfer, education and adjustment procedures.
Article 2- This regulation covers the provisions regarding the education and adjustment procedures of the students admitted to Izmir University of Economics through vertical transfer.
Basis Article 3 –(1) This regulation has been prepared on the basis of the "Regulation on the Continuation of Vocational Schools and Open Education Associate Degree Programs Graduates to Undergraduate Education" published in the Official Gazette No. 24676 dated 19 February 2002.
Article 4 – (1) The references in this regulation are as follows;
a) Board of Trustees: The Board of Trustees of Izmir University of Economics,
b) Academic Unit: Faculty, school, or vocational schools affiliated to Izmir University of Economics,
c) Undergraduate program: Higher education program with a regular education period of 4-6 years,
ç) Associate program: Higher education program with a regular education period of 2 years,
d) Rector: The Rector of Izmir University of Economics,
e) Senate: The Senate of Izmir University of Economics,
f) Administrative Board: The Administrative Board of Izmir University of Economics,
g) University (IUE): Izmir University of Economics,
ğ) ECTS: European Credit Transfer System,
h) IUE: Izmir University of Economics.
Vertical Transfer Adjustment Procedures
Article 5-(1)(Changed SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) The grade to which the vertical transfer students will be adapted is determined by the proposal of the vertical transfer commission, the proposal of the relevant department head and the approval of the relevant dean/director, taking into account the courses taken by the students in the associate degree programs, the total exemption credits given for the undergraduate programs, and the program qualifications of the relevant undergraduate department.
Total Exempted ECTS
Grade to Adapt
(2) Vertical transfer students continue their education according to the provisions of Article 44 of Law No. 2547.
(3) In the programs with compulsory foreign language preparatory class, where education is held partially or completely in foreign language, students must take the Proficiency in English Exam given by the School of Foreign Languages specified in the "School of Foreign Languages Undergraduate and Associate English Language Programs Fundamentals of Education and Evaluation Principles" or they must be exempt. Students, who do not pass the Proficiency in Foreign Language Exam or get exemption, continue to the Foreign Language Preparatory Program.
(4) During the foreign language preparatory class and undergraduate education, students are subject to the relevant regulations, guidelines and principles of the university. In non-provisional cases, the provisions of the relevant legislation, the decisions of the Senate, Faculty / School and Council of Higher Education are applied.
(5) In order for student’s credit and grade transfer to take place, the student must submit the course contents (sealed, stamped and signed) and the Transcript, approved by the Higher Education Institution where he / she received associate degree, during registration.
(6) (Changed SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) The courses taken by the student during his/her associate degree education are examined by the relevant Faculty / School and the courses to be taken are determined by giving exemption from the equivalent courses, and these courses are recorded in their transcripts.
(6A) (Add SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) Objections to the exemption/adjustment results are made to the relevant dean's office/directorate within 2 weeks at the latest, from the date the exemption process is recorded on the transcript and notified to the student.
(7) The courses that the student has taken during his/her associate degree education and the courses that must be taken in the previous years / semesters from the class to which he / she was placed are indicated in the adjustment evaluation form.
(8) Adjustment evaluations are made over the courses they took in the associate degree program they transferred vertically. If students graduated or left another undergraduate or associate degree program, exemption cannot be granted within the scope of vertical transfer adjustment for the courses they took in these programs.
(9) Undergraduate grade point averages of students who have been placed in undergraduate programs through vertical transfer and are still enrolled are calculated on the basis of the adjusted courses and the courses they will take during their undergraduate education.
(10) The grade of the courses taken by the student with credit during the associate degree education and indicated as "Passed / Pass / S" etc. in the transcript are calculated according to the grade conversion principles determined by the University Senate.
(11)(Changed SK 16/12/2020 - 418-A/8) "English" courses taken in associate degree programs, which are required to be taken by the Council of Higher Education, cannot be regarded as equivalent to English courses in undergraduate programs. The equivalence of English courses in undergraduate programs, where medium of instruction is entirely Turkish, are reviewed and evaluated by the relevant academic units.
(12) It is decided by the relevant internship commission whether the internships that the students have performed in their associate degree programs can be counted as the internships they need to perform in undergraduate programs.
(13) (Changed SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) When transferring the courses taken during the associate degree education, the ECTS credit equivalents of the courses shown as equivalent are taken into consideration. The total ECTS credits of the undergraduate courses accepted as equivalent in the University, excluding Turkish Language, and Ataturk's Principles and Revolution History courses, may be lower than the total ECTS credits of the exempted courses in the associate degree.
(14) (Changed SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) The total ECTS credits of the undergraduate courses accepted as equivalent in the University, excluding Turkish Language, and Ataturk's Principles and Revolution History courses, can be maximum of 2 credits higher than the total ECTS of the courses taken by the student in associate degree. In addition, the total ECTS credits of the undergraduate courses accepted as equivalent in the University may be lower than the total ECTS credits of the courses that are exempted in the associate degree.
(15) Course equivalence, for students who graduated from the same program of the same university and took the same courses, is also made to the same courses.
(16) The adjustment evaluations of the students are finalized with the approval of the Vertical Transfer Commission.
Effectiveness and Enforcement
Changes to the Principles
Article 5A-(1) (Add SD 18.05.2022-468-2022-12- C/1) These procedures and principles can be changed by the decision of the Senate.
Article 6- (1) The Rector of the Izmir University of Economics enforces the provisions of these Principles.
Article 7- (1) These Principles take effect on the date they are approved by the Senate of Izmir University of Economics.